ACB BLANKET PERFORMANCE LICENSE
Already have the license: click here
The Association of Concert Bands collects program information from participating member bands and submits it to ASCAP and BMI at the end of each year as part of the sub-licensing agreement. By submitting this information the publishers, composers and arrangers will receive credit for the performed works.
Who are ASCAP and BMI?
ASCAP stands for is the American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers and BMI stands for Broadcast Music Inc. ASCAP and BMI represent composers, songwriters, lyricists, and music publishers across the country and internationally. They collect and distribute royalties for performances of copyrighted works.
What is a performance fee?
The performance fee is the license fee to perform one piece of music one time. Whenever there is a public performance of copyrighted work, performance fees need to be paid. Paying the licensing fees ensures that composers and arrangers will continue to create new music.
What is a Blanket License?
A blanket license is a license that allows work to be performed as many times as the performer wants during the year for which the license was obtained.
How does ACB fit in?
The ACB has negotiated a Blanket License for our members to purchase that enables members bands to perform work that is licensed by ASCAP and BMI as many times as you want during the year for one low fee. The end of this page explains how a band with the license will submit the information.
Click here to read our FAQ and learn more about performance fees and how your band, with ACB membership and ACB Blanket Performance License with BMI and ASCAP, can take advantage of the licensing agreement.
BANDS WITH ACB BLANKET PERFORMANCE LICENSE
- Use the Excel Spreadsheet for reporting linked below to record your concert performance information.
- Enter the appropriate information for each selection according to the column headings
- The program information is needed for the composers, arrangers, and publishers to be credited appropriately.
- Please include all works performed (published and manuscripts) at all concerts, including free concerts and civic events.
- Note: It is easier to fill this in after each concert than trying to do it all in December
- When you have completed your concerts for the year, email the spreadsheet to email@example.com
Submission Deadline: the end of the calendar year (You may send information up to January 31st for the previous year.)
Reporting Spreadsheet (Excel):
ASCAP/BMI Excel Template (28 KB)
Letter with Information for License Holders: